Professor Alex Morono
Professor Alex Morono is a mixed martial artist with Professional experience in MMA, kickboxing, boxing and submission grappling. He received his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt in 2015 and is an active competitor in the UFC.
Morono won his UFC debut early 2016 against UFC veteran Kyle Noke by decision. Alex is at the gym every day and is always looking to make training at GBTW fun for everyone.
- – 10 years of combat sports experience
- – Over 15 professional fights
- – Over 30 ammy/pro fights combined
- – 35th ranked welterweight in the world (1-1-16)
- – 12 Wins / 3 Losses Pro MMA record
- – UFC Record (1-0)
- – Legacy Fighting Championship welter weight champion (12-4-15)
- – Amateur Legacy welter weight champion (9-18-10)
- – Fight to Win Professional Jiu Jitsu winner of fastest submission award
- – BJJ black belt under professor Alex Gotay
- – Tae Kwon Do black belt under Matthew Wald
- – Undefeated professional kickboxer
- – 1st Place Spring NOGI Spring Classic 2013
- – BJJ Referee
Professor Alex Gotay “Papo”
2nd Degree BJJ Black Belt, Professor Alex Gotay is one of the Gracie Barra’s top instructors. Charisma, humility, integrity, and teaching skills are just some of the natural talents displayed by him in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. To see his discipline and passion for training and teaching is very inspiring to anyone who takes the time to know him. His goal as a competitor is to become a Black Belt World Champion representing the Gracie Barra Family.
Prof. Gotay’s passion is teaching kids. In addition to earning his BJJ black belt, Prof. Gotay has a Masters Degree in Theological Studies from the University of St. Thomas (Dec. 2010), a Masters Degree in Counseling from Prairie View A&M University (Graduate Hours), and is pursuing a Masters Degree in Philosophy from the University of St. Thomas. As the GB TW Youth Coach he led the Youth Team to win the Pan Jiu-Jitsu 2010 BJJ Championships (the most prestigious youth tournament in the World).
Coach Carlos Martinez
- – Masters Degree in Business from the University of St. Thomas, Houston
- – Training Jiu-Jitsu for 7 years, active competitor.
- – Air Force veteran (10 years).
- – Was a Commissioned Texas Peace Officer for 3 years.
- – 2x IBJJF Houston Open – Gi Division Champion
- – 2x IBJJF Dallas Open – Gi Division Champion
- – 2011 IBJJF Miami Open – Gi Division Champion
- – 2016 IBJJF San Antonio Open – Gi Open Weight Champion
- – 2013 IBJJF Houston Open – Gi Open Weight Champion
- – 2015 IBJJF Dallas Open – NoGi Division Champion
- – 2x Five Grappling Dallas – NoGi Division Champion